In the past, teeth were most commonly repaired with silver or gold fillings. Today, thanks to advances in dental materials and techniques, teeth can be restored with the use of composite, or white, fillings which give teeth a more pleasing and natural appearance.
To place your white fillings, Dr. Krasowski will remove the decayed portion of the tooth, or the metal filling to be replaced. The tooth will then be prepared and a composite placed in layers, using a specialized light to harden each layer. Dr. Krasowski will then shape the filling to fit the tooth and polish it to prevent staining and wear, creating a more attractive and healthy smile.
In addition to being more attractive, white fillings offer many advantages over traditional silver fillings. These advantages include:
- Teeth restored with white fillings are much less sensitive to hot and cold than teeth restored with silver fillings.
- White fillings do not contain mercury, a potentially toxic substance
- White fillings require less removal of the tooth structure.
- Because white fillings bond to the tooth, they can restore most of the original strength of the tooth, while silver weakens teeth and makes them more susceptible to breaking.
- White fillings restore the natural appearance of teeth.
Because of these benefits, Dr. Krasowski only uses white fillings in his practice. Dr. Krasowski is committed to providing you with the most sophisticated dental technology available to ensure your dental health and that you obtain the smile of your dreams.
Contact Dr. Krasowski today to schedule your whitening consultation. While located in the Wausau Area, Krasowski Dental conveniently serves the surrounding areas of Rhinelander, Stevens Point, and Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.